Welcome! This Cook is Cooking!

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.

In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."

~ Julia Child


Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes

I am obsessed with sourdough!  Part of taking care of a starter is feeding it every two weeks. Unless you have a huge container, you have to throw some away at each feeding.  I cannot bring myself to do it. So, it's time for some pancakes.  I take my starter out of the fridge and feed it the night before.  This recipe calls for 2cups starter and that's a lot so you may want to take it out the morning before, feed it and then feed it again that night.  These are the most fluffy and tasty pancakes I have ever had.  

Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes
(Adapted from Bredtopia)

3 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups Sourdough Starter
  1 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter melted
Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add milk and sourdough starter and butter
 Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar;
add to the egg mixture, mixing well. Stir in melted butter.
Lightly grease a hot griddle. 
Drop the batter by 1/4 cup onto
the griddle and cook until light brown, turning once.

These Pancakes freeze well.  I make them on the weekend and then pop them in the freezer and nuke them in the morning.  (you could pop them in the toaster as well)


Time to get your YUM on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Becky Sue! I'm sure these taste amazing. I wish I had a plate of these pancakes this morning! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Enjoy the spring weather!

    ReplyDelete