Welcome! This Cook is Cooking!

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.

In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."

~ Julia Child


Sunday, December 13, 2009

and we begin



So here we go! It was suggested that I start a blog about my baking adventures and well, what the heck might as well. I am new to baking and new to blogging. This just might be a great place for me to express my joys of baking bread!

I am experimenting with sourdough right now and lets just say that my first loaf produced less than desirable results. The dough never really came together, it did not rise, it was more of a sourdough brick than a loaf of bread! Yesterday, however, I was able to create a happy sourdough loaf and it was amazing! I got the recipe from http://www.io.com/~sjohn/sour.htm
This is the perfect recipe for a novice baker like me. With it I was able to create a wonderful, flavorful loaf that was perfect for the party at my brother's house.

Try it and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment