Welcome! This Cook is Cooking!

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure.

In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."

~ Julia Child


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chicken Vegetable Soup with Orzo

Still counting those points. They have become my way of life.  I can look at a food and come to a pretty close guess how many points are in it.  It makes for a frustrating life at times.  I get tired of logging everything I eat.  I know given time I will reach my goal weight.  But I want it now! :)  For now I will focus on eating healthy and moving more!

So, It was time for dinner again. (I actually thought about it the evening before)  I cut up all the veggies and put them in the fridge so I could throw it all in the Crock-Pot before work.  This is a super simple soup that is only 3 points per serving.  Okay now let's take this discussion to the kitchen!

Chicken Vegetable Soup with Orzo
Serves 6-8

1 Box low fat/low sodium chicken broth
water (how much depends on how much broth you want in your soup)
2 carrots cut up into pennys
1 large zucchini cut into bite sized chunks
1 Shallot cut up
2-3 cups broccoli cut up (heads only)
4 cloves garlic chopped up
8 oz chicken breast cut up
1 Tablespoon  boquet garni
1/2 tablespoon northwoods seasoning
1 cup orzo pasta
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Cut everything up. Put it all into the crock pot. Cover with chicken broth. (not the orzo) 
Set the crock pot on low for 6 hours.
Add the orzo about 1/2 hour before ready to eat.

Serve about 1 cup with your favorite slice of bread for a hearty meal!

Get your yum on!

PS: I get most all of my spices at Penzeys Spices.  I have a store here in Phoenix.  I hope you do as well.  If not you can order online.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out Penzys Spices. My spice rack cupboard is full to the brim and I always need more. The soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete